Mrs. Neelam Kachru was one of the first few girls to join Welham Girls High School, Dehradun which was then affiliated to University of Cambridge. She then went on to pursue a 3-year diploma in hotel management at Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi. Thereafter, she enrolled in a 1-year post diploma in specialized hotel management at the same institute. Meanwhile, she also pursued a 6-month certified course in French language from Jawahar Lal Nehru University, School of Languages, New Delhi.
Thereafter, she went onto trainat reputed chains of hotels including Ashok Group, Taj Group and The Oberoi Group.
- 1971-1974: Worked as Assistant Lecturer and taught both Front Office and Housekeeping at IHMC&N, Pusa,New Delhi.
- 1976-1980: Worked at various managerial positions in various Ashok Group Hotels.
- 1980-1984: Part of Wage Review Committee of India Tourism Development Corporation(ITDC)During this period, she was also part of the core team organizing logistics for the Asian Games.
- 1984:Placed at the ITDC Corporate Headquarters, shecoordinated various activities and monitored the operations of Hotels in the Ashok Group.
- 1985-1987: Worked as examiner for 2nd& 3rd year students of IHMC&N, Pusa, New Delhi.
- 1987-1988:Appointed as Manager, Accommodation and logistics coordination for Festival of USSR and Government of India, wherein she handled the entire accommodation and transport arrangements for the year-long USSR Festival. She also coordinated all these activities in the closing ceremony of the Festival of India at Moscow.
- Jointly edited the Carlson Hotels India magazine- “Nouvelle” and produced “Connect” an in-house employee magazine
- 1999-2010: Founder & Executive Coordinator RHW Management Schools Ltd. (IIMT). Responsible for establishing the Hotel School in collaboration with Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom.
- 1995-2010: Director, Radisson Hotels Asia Pvt. Ltd., Singapore. She has been involved in development of Carlson Hotels in South Asia. Carlson Hotel brands currently manage/franchise over US$ 1 Billion of real estate in South Asia.
- Currently, she is a Director/promoter in Comprehensive Hospitality Services Pvt. Ltd.& NAKS Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
She has a rich work experience and keeps adding to her knowledge by undergoing summer school programmes on a timely basis, the most recent one being at Cornell University, USA. She has traveled the world over and her interaction with diverse communities brings a whole new dimension to this body. The fact that she manages a technical campus providing higher education facilities in India is also an asset for this Trust. She is one of the founder trustees and has contributed tirelessly ever since the establishment of the school.