Mr. O.P. Sapra is an Advocate with specialization in Fiscal Laws particularly in Tax Planning; Joint Ventures; Foreign Collaborations; Incorporation of Companies, and all services connected therewith and is also practicing in High Courts of Delhi and Uttarakhand; Supreme Court of India; Income Tax Appellate Tribunal and Settlement Commission etc. He has been President of I.T. Bar Association, Meerut twice and President of Income Tax Appellate Bar Association, New Delhi from 1996-1998.
He was the President of Rotary Club, Meerut during the year 1983-84 and was adjudged the best President of the year with various achievements to his credit followed by various important assignments at the District level in various years.
He served as Governor of Rotary District 3100 in the Rotary year 1988-89 during which he formed maximum RVCs as compared to any other Rotary District in the world. His other achievements are:-
- a) Led a very successful mixed G.S.E. Team to Brazil R.I. District 4470 in May, 1992.
- b) Was member of R.I. Task Force RVC Asia, 1992-93.
- c) Is Recipient of ‘FOUNDATION MERRITORIOUS SERVICE’ Award in 1992 and Distinguished Service Award in the Rotary Year 2004-05.
- d) Is recipient of highest Rotary International Award ‘SERVICE ABOVE SELF’ in 1993-94.
- e) Represented the District to COL held in Caracas (Venezuela) in January, 1995.
- f) Is a Paul Harris Fellow.
- g) Has been involved actively in the work of Rotary Foundation and also Polio Plus in his capacity as District Chairman and/or Counsellor.